- Cervical cancer screening in Slovakia is performed by cytological examination using the PAP test in woman 23 and over
- Health insurance companies send women invitations to visit their own contractual gynecologist.
- If a woman does not have a contractual gynecologist, she can visit the nearest gynecology clinic in her place of residence or get more information from her health insurance company.
- First two cytological smears from the cervix are done by a physician in one-year interval. If a woman is healthy on both occasions, the examination will only repeat in three years.
- If the last 3 cytological smears in a 3-year interval are normal, the screening ends at the age of 64.
The importance of vaccination against HPV as a prevention of cervical cancer